Motivational, accomplished leader with extensive experience building and overseeing teams that consistently meet aggressive project goals. Adept at driving production of high quality UX, visual, and print designs for clients spanning from small businesses to nationally-recognized non-profits. Past projects include user experience & branding, web design & development, marketing materials, social campaigns, and ad campaigns. Proficiency in the nuances of print, web, and app design, and its impact across the customer experience.
- Designed Paint Nite website: Averaged 1.2 million monthly visitors in April 2016; reduced bounce rates to 28.5% from over 50%.
- Art of Dharma: Published authors in 130 countries and peaked with average of two million monthly visitors; recognized by DoYouYoga as one of the Top 10 Meditation Blogs.
- Battle for the Net landing pages: 4.7 million comments filled with the FCC within six months, along with two million+ emails sent to Congress and 300,000+ calls made to the FCC in 24 hours.
- AHireCloud: Created prototype designs that helped drive successful completion of Series A round funding.
- T.J. Maxx homepage re-design and product search / filters: Facilitated increased user time and reduced bounce rate.
- JAMF management framework: Assisted with design, development, and deployment of management framework still used by several Boston businesses today.
- Macuity and Crest Technologies websites: Improved SEO and conversion rates after launching redesigned websites and marketing materials.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
UI / UX Design
Print / Marketing Design
Team Building / Oversight
Agile Project Management
Product Rollout / Launch
Search Engine Optimization
Design Director | 2017 to 2020
Invitae / Good Start Genetics, Boston, MA / San Francisco, CA
- Hired and mentored 9 UX researches and UI/visual designers for Invitae’s design and experience team.
- Implemented a design language across Invitae’s digital products to ensure consistent branding.
- Built out a design system using InVison’s DSM that enabled designers to create high quality, consistent designs quickly.
- Worked with front-end developers to build a component library that aligned with the design system, ensuring consistent styling across web applications.
- Applied extensive design expertise to improve conversion rate and user experience across patient and physician workflows and portals, along with CMS/marketing pages.
- Provided creative direction for Invitae’s rebrand, photo shoots, and design system.
UX & Creative Director | 2002 to 2017
Ky Hamilton Designs, Boston, MA
- Managed projects spanning from branding and print design to UI/UX design and software development.
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients including Battle for the Net, Kel & Parters, and Good Start Genetics.
UX & Creative Director | 2014 to 2016
Paint Nite, Somerville, MA
- Ensured brand consistency across marketing and UI/UX design projects by merging marketing and tech design teams.
- Improved and implemented new project management tools which gave transparency and accountability throughout the design process, while integrating with the development team’s agile project management.
- Provided leadership, supervision, and mentoring to team of five designers, project managers, and front-end developers.
- Worked with internal teams and external agencies to overhaul the Paint Nite brand, marketing, and digital experience.
Creative Director & Founder | 2009 to 2014
Montage Technologies / Art of Dharma, New York, NY
- Founded company and built from the ground up.
- Led organization to rapidly develop applications that integrated with new, existing, and upcoming platforms.
- Built and led a team of seven seasoned professionals with comprehensive understanding of new media industry, trends, and cutting-edge technologies; teams pushed the envelope of most recent design and development practices for apps, websites, and content management systems.
- Directed a social marketing campaign that grew Art of Dharma’s social following on Facebook to over 250,000 users.
Lead UX & Graphic Designer | 2014 to 2014
TJX Companies, Framingham, MA
- Designed new site features and functionality for T.J. Maxx e-commerce platform; also designed home pages, banners, and emails for weekly events and promotions.
- Directed projects that often utilized front-end development skills for rapid prototyping.
Interactive Designer & Developer | 2013 to 2013
Transmyt Marketing, Cambridge, MA
- Leveraged knowledge of the latest web standards and best practices to design and develop user interfaces for clients’ digital products.
- Used extensive CMS experience to direct projects and strategize best practices for design and development processes.
Lead UX Designer & Lead Systems Engineer | 2012 to 2013
Macuity / Crest Technologies, Concord & Sterling, MA
- Designed internal and external websites along with iOS applications used by Macuity and their clients.
- Managed relationships with agencies to develop client iOS applications.
- Following acquisition by Crest Technologies, this role evolved to included several midsize to large IT projects, development of JAMF management framework, and training / managing system engineers.
Store Lead & Market Mentor | 2008 to 2012
Apple, Manhasset, NY & Boston, MA
- Received comprehensive marketing, leadership, sales, and communication training at multiple campus locations.
- Opened new freestanding store in Manhasset, NY.
- Trained employees, assisted management team, and conducted interviews at hiring events.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
AIGA Member, American Institute of Graphic Artists; New York, NY (2011 to 2016)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator Certification; Cambridge, MA (2013 to 2016)
Continuing Education in Design and Fine Arts, Massachusetts School Art & Design; Boston, MA (2011 to 2012)
Apple Leadership, Mentor, and Campus Rep Training; Cupertino, CA & New York, NY (2008 to 2012)
Studied Web and New Media Design, Hofstra University; Hempstead, NY (2006 to 2011)