I am a leader with extensive experience building and overseeing teams that consistently meet aggressive project goals. I’m adept at driving production of high quality UX, UI, desktop, tablet, and mobile designs for clients spanning from small startups to nationally-recognized organizations. I have also built design and development teams for growth-stage startups and been part of many successful exits. Past projects include user experience & user interface design, branding, and app development. I am proficient in the nuances of software design and its impact across the customer experience. Throughout my career, I have also given talks on diversity in tech for several companies including Samsung Next.
- Invitae: Developed and implemented a company-wide design system that increased design and development speed using DSM, Storybook, and Contentful.
- Art of Dharma: Published authors in 130 countries and peaked with an average of 2,000,000 monthly visitors; recognized by DoYouYoga as one of the Top 10 Meditation Blogs.
- Battle for the Net: Designed and implemented landing pages that drove 300,000+ calls to be made to the FCC in 24 hours, 4.7 million comments to be filed with the FCC within six months, and two million+ emails to be sent to Congress.
- AHireCloud: Created prototype designs that helped drive successful completion of seed round funding.
- Paint Nite: Built a website that averaged 1.2 million monthly visitors; reduced bounce rates by over 60%.
- T.J. Maxx: Redesigned homepage and UI components; facilitated increased user time and reduced bounce rate.
- Macuity / Crest Technologies: Assisted with design, development, and deployment of JAMF management framework that is still used by several New England businesses today.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Product Design Direction
UI / UX Design
Component Based Design
Hiring / Oversight
Agile Project Management
Product Rollout / Launch
Search Engine Optimization
Product Design Director | 2016 to 2020
Invitae / Good Start Genetics, Boston, MA / San Francisco, CA
- Hired and mentored 9 UX researches and UI designers for Invitae’s design and experience team.
- Implemented a design language across Invitae’s digital products to ensure consistent branding.
- Built out a design system using InVison’s DSM that enabled teams to create high quality, consistent designs quickly.
- Worked with front-end developers to build a component library and Storybook that aligned with the design system, ensuring consistent styling across web applications.
- Applied extensive design expertise to improve conversion rate and user experience across patient and physician workflows and portals, along with CMS / marketing pages.
- Provided creative direction for Invitae’s rebrand, photo shoots, and design system.
Product Design & Creative Director | 2014 to 2016
Paint Nite, Somerville, MA
- Ensured brand consistency across marketing and UI / UX design projects by merging marketing and design teams.
- Improved and implemented new project management tools which gave transparency and accountability throughout the design process, while integrating with the development team’s agile project management.
- Provided leadership, supervision, and mentoring to team of 5 designers, project managers, and front-end developers.
- Worked with internal teams and external agencies to overhaul the Paint Nite brand, marketing, and digital experience.
Product Design & UX Consultant | 2005 to 2014
Product Design Consulting, Boston, MA
- Managed projects spanning from rebranding to UI / UX design to software development.
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients from small startups to nationally-recognized organizations.
- Extensive experience in B2B and B2C.
Product Design Director & Founder | 2009 to 2014
Montage Technologies / Art of Dharma, New York, NY
- Built and led a team of 7 seasoned professionals including designers, engineers, and writers.
- Launched several businesses across a variety of industries; our largest was Art of Dharma, which published authors in 130 countries and peaked with an average of 2,000,000 monthly visitors.
- Directed a social marketing campaign that grew Art of Dharma’s following on Facebook to over 250,000 users.
Lead Product Designer | 2014 to 2014
TJX Companies, Framingham, MA
- Designed new site features and functionality for T.J. Maxx e-commerce platform; also designed home pages, banners, and emails for weekly events and promotions.
- Directed projects that often utilized front-end development skills for rapid prototyping.
Product Designer & Developer | 2013 to 2013
Transmyt Marketing, Cambridge, MA
- Leveraged knowledge of the latest web standards and best practices to design and develop user interfaces for clients’ digital products.
- Used extensive CMS experience to direct projects and strategize best practices for design and development processes.
Lead Product Designer & Systems Engineer | 2012 to 2013
Macuity / Crest Technologies, Concord & Sterling, MA
- Designed internal and external websites along with iOS applications used by Macuity and their clients.
- Managed relationships with agencies to develop client iOS applications.
- Following acquisition by Crest Technologies, this role evolved to included several midsize to large IT projects, development of JAMF management framework, and training / managing system engineers.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator Certification; Cambridge, MA (2013 to 2016)
AIGA Member, American Institute of Graphic Artists; New York, NY (2011 to 2016)
Continuing Education in Design and Fine Arts, Massachusetts School Art & Design; Boston, MA (2011 to 2012)
Apple Leadership, Mentor, and Campus Rep Training; Cupertino, CA & New York, NY (2008 to 2012)
Studied Web and New Media Design, Hofstra University; Hempstead, NY (2006 to 2011)