About Fight for the Future
Fight for the Future is a non-profit company that works to promote internet freedom and creativity. They make historical changes using technology-focused campaigns, such as Battle for the Net. Their core values include internet affordability, freedom of expression and elimination of censorship with full privacy.
The Battle for the Net Project
The project consisted of building new websites and landing pages to advocate for net neutrality and promote communication with state representatives and the Federal Communications Committee (FCC). These pages had to be designed to be easily shared through new and social media.
- Information was collected on state representatives, the FCC and cable, internet and telecommunication companies
- Using gathered information, the best marketing approach (including web pages, social media content, press releases, web banners, television and public stunts) was architected and designed
- Web technologies and landing pages were then developed using the bootstrap framework and APIs and promoted through social media blasts
- 2,039,500 people took action (Sept 10th, 2014)
- 304,993 calls were made (Sept 10th, 2014), peaking at over 1,100 calls per minute
- 2,167,092 emails were sent to Congress (Sept 10th, 2014)
- 722,364 comments were filed to the FCC making a total of 4.7 million comments filed from March 1st to September 10th of 2014
- 1,120,000 Facebook shares
- Over 10,000 partner sites, including Tumbler, Vimeo, Netflix, Etsy, Kickstarter, Upworthy, Namecheap, Foursquare and Meetup